This role will have full responsibility as an account manager for all assigned accounts. This includes, but is not limited to, coordinating with all support groups to ensure seamless sale and delivery of FCC products and payment by customer to match terms provided. You will take the lead to solve any customer non technical problems that arise. This is a field position open to the right candidate. Preference Gulf Coast or East Coast Region.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customer personnel at all levels of a buying organization, both at supplied sites and in corporate offices.
- Coordinate activities related to customer interaction via site activities, off-site meetings, social events and conference calls.
- Monitor organizational structure and personnel changes within customer organizations and update that information in a Customer Relationship Management system. Understand how the customer or prospect makes decisions.
- Serve as primary liaison with customer procurement and manages all commercial account activities related to pricing, delivery, purchasing documentation and invoicing. Has primary responsibility for insuring that supply to customers is maintained at appropriate levels.
- Writes and presents proposals for all FCC products to customers. Coordinate meetings for discussions regarding catalyst selection. Responsible for understanding product cost and recommending pricing based on potential value delivery and competitive intelligence.
- Coordinates or assists with negotiation and execution of supply contracts and Master Service Agreements.
- Manages all Request for Quotation (RFQ) and bid activities, with primary responsibility for assuring that all proposals meet requirements and are submitted on time. Work closely with National Account Managers to assist in preparation of corporate multi-site bids.
- Develops information from customers to help determine needs for new products or improvements in existing products. Provides Marketing with any customer supplied industry trends and competitive information.
- Utilizes information provided by technical rep and customer interviews to develop economic value propositions for the customer.
- Develop and maintain contact activities with non-buying prospects to develop relationships and identify opportunities for offering a Grace value proposition.
- Actively seeks information from customers to develop a need for higher margin FCC products or new FCC products, maximizing profit margin for Grace.
- Responsible for monitoring pricing and determining when changes need to be made via contract adjustments, surcharges, credits or product changes. Maintain accurate pricing information in CRM on a timely basis.
- Ensure that resources are available for diagnosis and solving of technical problems. Be able to provide advice on the use, properties and modifications of FCC products.
- Follows the operation and performance of FCC products. Assists customer in optimizing the use of Grace FCC products to maximize operating margins.
- Review yield estimates prepared by the technical rep to support sales. Incorporate yield estimates into customer presentations and proposals.
- Excellent communication and presentation Skills
- Ability to negotiate in tense and high stakes situations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to collaborate to accomplish work goals
- Ability to work with a team of diverse support groups to support Catalysts and Customer needs
- PC skills are essential
- Adaptable to changing business needs
- Must be able to travel (60%) when required including some international travel
- BS Chemical Engineering or equivalent required, MS / MBA preferred
- Minimum 4 years experience in the process industry with at least 2 years experience in refining technology, preferably in engineering and plant operations